Monday, February 14, 2011

Homesick

Hey everyone! Sorry its been awhile, I keep meaning to update but after a long day at school sometimes I just cant get the creative juices flowing! However, we are lucky tonight! I have a new post brought to you by MercyMe and their song, Homesick.




Being in Turners Falls for over a month now has definitely made me a little homesick for family, friends, puppies, mustangs, jimmy johns and of course Sonic.... however this is not the homesick that has hit me pretty hard this week.

Lately, it seems like every time I close my eyes or my thoughts drift away I begin to think of my dad. I think and dream of happy times with him, riding horses, driving my car and sharing with him all the amazing things I am doing at school. I am so happy in those moments. But then, I wake and realize that those things can't happen.

It brings me to tears almost every time.


"the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you"


I know God used my dad in amazing ways to help change lives, including my dads... but sometimes it gets so frustrating. There are just sometimes when I need my dad. 

I know one day I will be reunited with my dad. Hopefully more sooner than later... in a place where there will be no pain, no tears, no unhappiness and certainly no cancer. I cant wait until that time.

"Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow."

I pray everyday for my family and I to make it through this tough time and onto heaven with my dad. Until then... I just have these small moments with my dad in my heart. Please bear with me through this time. 

I love you all and God bless. 

4 comments:

  1. Your Dad was a great man. Hang in there friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Jade and miss you as well. Be strong and know that your friends will always be here to support you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so much! I know your dad is proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will get better friend! No matter what remember the good times, keep them in your heart, and remember the people around you. Though some of us are farther away, we are still here to support you!! Even if it is a skype call!

    ReplyDelete