Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dynamite



Hello Readers! I know I know.. its been a while... Life just kind of takes over like that!
This week's blog will be a little different.. We will be listening to the tune "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz
Not really inspirational... just makes me want to dance. And that's how I feel right now! :)




Theme for this post.... NEW!

First and most obvious... New Year!
With me... New Life, New Situation, New Problems and.... drum roll please......

New Hair! :)

Yes me... Jade "jade's Bangs" Comstock have cut off all my long hair that I have spent the past few years growing out! Whew. Still crazy to me!

Went from This....




To This!!!

Sorry... don't judge the crappy cell phone photo!



Intense I know!

But in other news... and far bigger challenges... I have made the decision to take a break from my dear Kansas State University and attend..... The Hallmark Institute of Photography!






I am so excited/nervous/stressed/pumped/anxious/scared/every emotion under the sun about this decision.

This change requires me to move 1503.75 miles to the small town of Turners Falls Massachusetts. Here I will be living with a new roommate, in a new place that I have never experienced before. I will spend 10 months learning just about everything I can about Photography. A little scary.. I know!

All of this requires me to pack up my whole apartment, put most of it into storage and the rest in the back of a car to trek across the country.

So of course... I am procrastinating that lovely challenge but blessing you all with my thoughts. :)

However... no matter how intense it seems.. I am up for the challenge. God has blessed me beyond measure with the chance to attend this school and go out side my comfort zone to try something I have never done before.  So I am going to challenge myself not only to become a better photographer, but a better person, friend and most importantly... follower of God.

So now... I will stereotypically make a list of resolutions for the new year!

1. Find something to praise God for each and every day.  Even when it seems like everything bad that can happen may have happened... I will find something good that God has blessed me with.

2. Become a professional photographer. I am on the right track here I think... just gotta go to class and log the hours! :)

3.  Build stronger relationships with my friends. This one I think will be a huge challenge as I will be thousands of miles away from them all... but where there is a will there is a way.

4. Be a happier person. I have let life kind of take the reins from me it seems in the past year or so. Taking away my joy I once had... So I will work this next year to bring that back and be the happy person I used to be.

5. Update this blog (at least) once a month. my last post was in July. Wow. not okay. But this will be a great way to let people know how school is going and let my thoughts out so maybe it will work better!

6. Attend church at least 3 Sunday's a month. I have been a real slacker here. In order to grow closer to God I need to be back in church learning more about him.

7. Lose 20 pounds. Hey might as well throw this stereotype in as well!

8. Continue to be a giving and caring person. I love giving to people... and making them happy... might as well keep it going.

9. Explore and cross many things off my bucket list as I spend time in the New England area. (so excited!)

10. Finish packing..... yea.... here goes!

So here I go... I will miss Kansas and my beloved K-State (especially the basketball team... agh good luck boys!) and my friends and family! But I will be back and feel free to visit!

Have a great year everyone! It's gonna be... you guessed it... Dynamite!!



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to keep following your blog friend and see where life takes you!

    ReplyDelete